Date:      Tue, 28 Jul 2015 14:58:53 -0700
From:      Bryan Drewery <bdrewery@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Simon J. Gerraty" <sjg@juniper.net>, Garrett Cooper <yaneurabeya@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: amd64 base/head r284673 fails to build on amd64 base/head r284639, pilot error?

On 7/28/15 2:26 PM, Bryan Drewery wrote:

>>> 	You need to remove these lines. They shouldn=E2=80=99t have been set=
 before or after the commits from projects/bmake .

>> Note: both the grn's specified above are  than r284598 which put the
>> inlcude of make.conf back to its original spot, so the meta mode relat=
ed
>> changes should not be relevant.
>>
>=20
> Regarding including /etc/make.conf, something is inconsistent with
> buildworld vs subdir make.

Correction: I have STRIP=3D in /etc/src.conf. The inclusion of it seems
inconsistent between buildworld and subdir make. Note that after my fix
in r285986 it is now named STRIPBIN.

When building in rescue/rescue:

OBJDIR/rescue.mk:
  STRIP? strip
  ${STRIP} rescue

1: subdir make
  src.conf: STRIP=3D
  rescue/rescue% make all
  -> make -f OBJDIR/rescue.mk

 STRIP=3D is not passed down into rescue.mk, resulting in 'strip rescue'.

2. subdir make STRIP env override
  rescue/rescue% make all STRIP=3D

 STRIP=3D is passed down resulting in ' rescue'.

3: buildworld
 STRIP=3D from src.conf is passed down, resulting in ' rescue'.

>=20
> Please see
> https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/svn-src-all/2015-July/107910.html
>=20
> (Also note that the STRIP=3D rescue build failure has been identified a=
nd
> a fix is being made)
>=20

--=20