Date:      22 Jan 2001 03:37:17 -0500
From:      Arcady Genkin <antipode@thpoon.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, cjclark@alum.mit.edu
Subject:   Re: stunnel configuration (-l option)

"Crist J. Clark" <cjclark@reflexnet.net> writes:

>   # stunnel -d 993 -l /usr/local/libexec/imapd -- imapd
>
> Doesn't work? Once someone connects, a separate stunnel should fork
> leaving the listener bound on 993/tcp.

No, it doesn't work. :(  It works fine so long as there are no
concurrent accesses from several hosts.  That is, I can connect from
one machine (even with different user names) many consequent times.
Then I can do the same from another machine.  But as soon as I request
update of my IMAP folders from my workstation (and my IMAP folders are
many and huge), and attempt to update IMAP folders from another
computer in parallel, the process hangs on BOTH computers, and I have
to kill and restart stunnel.

This does not happen when I use "-r localhost:imap" instead of "-l ..."

Any ideas?
--
Arcady Genkin
Don't read everything you believe.