Date:      Sun, 28 Nov 2004 21:50:10 -0800
From:      Kevin Smith <smithcam@adelphia.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   moving ports to another file system

After installation and setting up of my BSD system for a while, I've
come to realize that I probably should have organized my disk a bit
differently and I have a smaller root file system then I would have
liked. I may have also created a separate /usr file system, but I have
/usr in the root file system.

The /usr/ports can take up a lot of space and I'm wondering if there are
limitations to having ports live in a another files system with a
symbolic link from /usr/ports to a ports directory in another file system.

-K