Date:      Wed, 27 Jun 2001 13:11:25 -0700
From:      Josef Grosch <jgrosch@mooseriver.com>
To:        Frank Pawlak <fpawlak@execpc.com>
Cc:        Bruce Meier <source@hilo.net>, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and Microsoft

On Wed, Jun 27, 2001 at 02:51:20PM -0500, Frank Pawlak wrote:
> I agree.  That was the first thought to cross my mind as I read the
> article.  At the risk of a flame war, (please don't), Linux has the
> installed based that could possibly be perceived as a threat to M$.  So
> lets throw some bones toward FreeBSD, and put the possible competitor in a
> bad position.  Linux doesn't have a BSD emulator.  IMHO, just another of M$
> ploys to dominate and close a market and then be able to turn to referee,
> the Justice Dept and others, and say who plays dirty?  Not me!

I completely agree. This is just divide and conquer again. Microsoft has
staked a position that the GPL is a virus license thus creating in the
minds of people who do not understand the licensing issues or know much
about Open Source that Linux is a virus or harbors virus. Then they throw
FreeBSD a bone. FreeBSD being the largest of the *BSD and also not using
the GPL. Thus creating hate and discontent in the ranks of the Open Source
community. Remember, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend". FreeBSD and
Linux have a great deal in common. We are far better off by sticking
together and collectively telling Microsoft to fuck off.

Josef

--
Josef Grosch           | Another day closer to a | FreeBSD 4.3
jgrosch@MooseRiver.com |   Micro$oft free world  | www.bafug.org