Date:      Sat, 13 Aug 2016 12:28:43 +0200
From:      "Vlad K." <vlad-fbsd@acheronmedia.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   freebsd-update's "Fetching patches" phase?

Hello list,

what's the freebsd-update "Fetching patches" phase for?

I've set up a central reverse proxy cache for all my servers to speed
things up, and looking at how it behaves I've noticed that the "Fetching
patches" phase is resulting with 404s for each link attempted.

Now, I don't know if this is because it's still not final -RELEASE
version, but it does look incredibly inefficient. Upgrading from -BETA4
to -RC1 queried over 9000 (heh) URLs all of them returning 404s. I've
configured my proxy to cache 404 too so the servers just blast through
that local cache after the first server is done.

--

Vlad K.