Date:      Thu, 14 Oct 1999 11:01:41 -0600
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Chris Coleman <chrisc@vmunix.com>, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>, "Benjamin M. Manes" <maneben@charlie.cns.iit.edu>, advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Slashdot BSD section up and running

Nik Clayton wrote:

> Addressed in a recent post.  I've also just posted an announcement about
> the latest issue of DN being available.
>
> [...]
>
> Not apart from that announcement, no.
>
> This is a slightly tricky situation.  /. doesn't post when each new Linux
> magazine is out, but they do post links to interesting articles in those
> magazines.
>
> For DN I can either follow this 'policy' (it's more custom than policy),
> or I can remember to mention the new DN issue at the beginning of each
> month, without linking directly to the articles.
>
> I think doing both would probably be overkill, but, of course, I could be
> wrong about that.

No, you're right, doing both would be overkill.  A posting of the table of
contents each month would be nice, as well as new postings for some of the
other publications when they have a new issue.  Interesting or particularly
informative articles will probably spontaneously generate user postings,
it is up to you to decide if those warrant a separate item or should just
be entered as commentary on the original posting.