Date:      Wed, 23 Oct 2002 12:49:24 +0400
From:      "Artem 'Zazoobr' Ignatiev" <timon@stabilis.ru>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: boot selector and extended partitions

On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 11:02:31AM +0200, Hanspeter Roth wrote:
> > > can I make the Freebsd boot selector chain to an extended partition
> > > similar like switching to an alternate disk?
> > 	Well, you can patch it :)
> Has anybody already done such a patch?
> > 	And what is the purpose?
> I'd like to chain to Lilo.
Do you have Lilo running from extended partition?
Well, dunno about boot0(boot selector, if I correctly understand
FreeBSD's booting process), but it was hard to me to make boot1 search
for FreeBSD in extended partitions - I've had to loose some
functionality....
				Sinceherely yours, Artem 'Zazoobr' Ignatjev.