Date:      Thu, 20 Jan 2011 05:07:57 +0000 (UTC)
From:      Janne Snabb <snabb@epipe.com>
To:        Martin Cracauer <cracauer@cons.org>
Cc:        freebsd-xen@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD-amd64 in Xen 4.0?

On Thu, 20 Jan 2011, Janne Snabb wrote:

> I am not sure if this is the cause of your problem though, but your
> configuration might create an environment which is not suitable for
> the HVM kernel to run.

Martin,

I tried this out with Xen 4.0.1 and had the same effect as you:
"Xend died due to signal 11!" if I attempted loading the XENHVM
kernel with kernel = "/within/dom0/path/to/freebsd/kernel" in xen
config.

With kernel = "/path/to/hvmloader" things work fine (the FreeBSD
kernel and boot loader residing within the virtual disk of the
virtual machine, the same way as it would be on a physical machine).
This is the proper way to use the amd64 XENHVM kernel.

Best Regards,
--
Janne Snabb / EPIPE Communications
snabb@epipe.com - http://epipe.com/