Date:      Sat, 16 Oct 1999 11:26:23 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        "Jimbo Bahooli" <griffin@blackprojects.org>
Cc:        "Mike Smith" <mike@smith.net.au>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Balancing Outgoing traffic over 2 nics, and nic limitations.

> Of course its a switched network with full duplex operation.  But now
> that the general answer is that it is not a limitation of the nic card
> I am going to look elsewhere.  I was not to sure if it was actually a
> limit myself, its just that I observed it on two different machines.

You should be looking at some basic system statistics to see where your
limiting factor actually is; try watching 'systat -vmstat 1' while
you're hitting your limit.

> They however were not huge powerhouses, one was a p2-450, and one was a
> dual p2 333.  Both running real new versions of 3.3-stable.

Note also that Apache isn't the fastest of animals; you might want to
use a lighter-weight server like thttpd if all you're doing is serving
static content.