Date:      Mon, 20 Sep 1999 12:47:10 -0400
From:      "Chris Lynch" <lynch@cftnet.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.Org>
Subject:   seriel port speed for modem

Hello,

I'm running FreeBSD 3.1 at home w/ KDE as the desktop. I've sent email after
email to the Kde user list explaining to them that I DON'T run Linux and
that I know that KDE has a  problem with kppp ( namely, it sets the serial
port speed to 9600)...they are very helpful they just don't
read the FREEBSD part, instead they offer loads of useless Linux support
 the users not the KDE support group)...so, I'm asking here...

I do
stty -f /dev/cuaa1 57600

but it is getting bothersome. Is there a place where I can change
the seriel port speed for my modem that will work when I startx (kde).

rc.serial??

What's really pathetic is I fixed the problem once w/ help from a friend ,
but, I've forgotten where to change the settings.
I've purchased the FreeBSD 3.2 CD set w/ Book and have paged through it and
still to no avail.

Thanks,

Chris