Date:      Thu, 6 Feb 2003 21:48:53 +0000
From:      Ceri Davies <setantae@submonkey.net>
To:        Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Documenting FreeBSD Officers, Hats, and Working Groups

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 08:02:05PM -0800, Murray Stokely wrote:
> The information about the membership of our various committees is
> sparsely documented.  The FreeBSD Contributor's Guide contains a list
> of the core team members, but says nothing about re@ or portmgr@, for
> example.  Similarly, the releng pages list the membership of those two
> groups without listing the members on security-officer@ or the trb@.
>
> I think all of these hats/groups have worked out well, but I think we
> should provide a single document with this information.  Maybe we just
> need to update some of the pages in the internal website, or maybe a
> new document needs to be created, but right now, it is pretty hard to
> keep track of all of the different "hats".
>
> Any takers?

I'll have a go if the information can be provided to me.
I'm aware of portmgr@, re@, core@, doceng@, so@ and trb@ but I don't know who
is in all of them (and some of them aren't really "hats"), and there may be
others.

I can think of two places off the top of my head, but could do with some
input as to where would be most appropriate: i) the existing hats article;
ii) the "Who is Responsible for What" part of the contributors article.
I'm open to other suggestions.

Ceri
--
I am the fist of a 250 pound woman!