Date:      Fri, 18 Jun 2004 17:17:42 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Sander Smid <s.smid@chello.nl>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: gDesklets FreeBSD Python problem

--=-GMfPIIfRbXMj/myU75KJ

On Sat, 2002-08-31 at 04:10, Sander Smid wrote:
> Franz,
>=20
> I rebuild all the python packages the way you described and it worked. No=
> I'm very curious why I had to rebuild and reinstall those packages. I
> already had them installed so why didn't it work?

API/ABI synchronization can sometimes break modules, especially where
GNOME is involved.

>=20
> I some other questions not directly related to this mailinglist.
> - Can I browse mailing lists like this on certain websites (if so where) =
or
> is this info only availible when you're subscribed.

http://www.FreeBSD.org/gnome/ is the central site for all FreeBSD GNOME
issues.  From there, you will find FAQs, news items, and links to the
failing list archives.

> - When I have lockups (when I'm in X) on my notbook running FreeBSD 5.2.1
> and I don't have a clue why and when it occurs where can I find info abou=
> certain bugs? (I already checked the usual log files)

Mailing lists or the GNATS bug database.  Both can be found off the main
FreeBSD.org site, or from the FreeBSD GNOME site.  You may also want to
set up a serial console so you can run gdb/ddb when your machine locks
up while in X.  This kind of procedure is documented in the FreeBSD
handbook.

Joe