Date:      Mon, 19 Jun 2000 10:15:59 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with the screenlock in KDE for FreeBSD 4.0

This may turn into something involving encryption algorithms, but sine
I upgraded my laptop to FreeBSD 4.0-Stable, I can't unlock my KDE
screen. With either my password or the root password, I always get
"Failed".

Running 4.0-S June 17 23:35:00 PDT 2000 with KDE 1.1.2 (1.1.2.1 for
kdelibs and kdesupport). The problem started after the upgrade to 4.0
with KDE 1.1.1. Everything has been upgraded since the upgrade.

My desktop system has no problem.

Could KDE be using a different alogrithm to check my password?

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)