Date:      Fri, 16 Mar 2001 13:26:13 -0500
From:      JT <luser@ahab.com>
To:        Dominic Mitchell <dom@happygiraffe.net>
Cc:        Guangrui Fu <guangruifu@yahoo.com>, John Reynolds~ <jreynold@sedona.ch.intel.com>, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Dell Latitude CPx J - good match for 4-STABLE?

I can confirm that the Vaio Z505LS superslim works really well, though
PCCard needs some fiddling (don't use polling, change memory location
as noted in archives).  Some of the special function buttons for
suspending, volume control, lcd brightness don't work (apparently they
are software-based).

XFree86 doesn't respond to ctrl-alt-backspace for some reason, but
that's about it.  Upgrading to 4 might help, or maybe I stomped it
with keymappings (alt->meta) or something really stupid.

Battery usage is sub-optimal, but there were some recent discussions
about additional sysctls to aid laptop users in spinning down hard
drives and such - I'd love to see them make it into -stable.