Date:      Sat, 17 Mar 2007 16:00:56 +0800
From:      "Rong-en Fan" <grafan@gmail.com>
To:        "Alexandre Sunny Kovalenko" <alex.kovalenko@verizon.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ThinkPad x60 and FN keys

On 3/17/07, Alexandre Sunny Kovalenko <alex.kovalenko@verizon.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-03-17 at 01:09 +0800, Rong-en Fan wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does anyone run -current on ThinkPad X60? If so, does fn+home / fn+end,
> > i.e. adjusting lcd brightness work? These two keys and other fn+X (like fn+f7)
> > work only before kernel is loaded, but not after.
> This used to work for me some time ago (I would say January) along with
> the bluetooth radio control button (Fn-F5) and the ThinkLight (Fn-PgUp).
> I started using acpi_ibm.ko, which exposes all of this functionality
> through sysctl and lost button control for everything but ThinkLight. At
> that time sysctl were more important for me then buttons, so I did not
> worry about it too much. With -CURRENT from March 8, I could not get
> brightness control back even if I do not load acpi_ibm.ko

With or without acpi_ibm and acpi_video, only ThinkLight is working.
The LCD brightness can only be adjusted by hw.acpi.video sysctls.

And the bluetooth indicator exposed by acpi_ibm often flip flop...

> > I'm running amd64 -current as of today.
> Since, unlike yours, my X60 is the 32-bit machine, I am tracking
> i386-CURRENT. Taking that into account, I do not know how useful stuff
> above really is.

I don't know neither... Reading linux's ibm-acpi mailing, it seems that
Lenovo's newer bios (2.x) changed its behavior...