Date:      Sat, 26 Mar 2005 22:01:54 +0100
From:      Anthony Atkielski <atkielski.anthony@wanadoo.fr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Anthony's drive issues.Re: ssh password delay

Colin J. Raven writes:

> How much time have you lost _just_ within the context of this thread
> alone?

Not very much, although it was virtually a total waste.

> Everyone has attempted - with great diligence and considerable patience
> - to *help* you.

Most have spent a lot of bandwidth on ad hominem (see your own post for
an example), and virtually none on constructive suggestions. And of
those who offered relatively constructive suggestions, most were pure
conjecture, often influenced by some sort of bias.

> You said earlier (I seem to recall) that this isn't a production
> machine, thus presumably it's a personal project. With hardware of this
> vintage it's to be hoped so anyway.

Yes.

> My point is you've alreay lost time....on a personal project, with no
> certainty of an outcome under *any* OS. Are you so wired in that all the
> hours in your day are billable to some_project_or_other?

I am often pretty short of time, yes.

> I shouldn't have risen to this, but it's already gone from the realms of
> the sublime to the utterly absurd. You've argued _yourself_ into a loop
> from which there seems to be no egress. You're the one frothing
> endlessly about something that you could have gone a long way to
> troubleshooting or even <gasp> solving! You apparently elected not to
> for reasons best known to yourself. Thus - I think - it's time to put
> this down and give everyone a much deserved rest from the eternally
> utterly futile series of exchanges.

See my comment above about ad hominem.  If you're really that bothered
by this thread, why do you expend so much energy on something as useless
as a personal attack?  Particularly at this late point, when I've hardly
said anything at all about my problem on this server in several days (no
time to look into it myself).

--
Anthony