Date:      Sun, 26 May 1996 15:18:05 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Craig Shaver" <craig@ProGroup.COM>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xterm never sleeps...

> I just `upgraded' from XFree86 3.1.2 to 3.1.2E.  Now `idle' xterm
> process sit chewing up cpu time.  A couple xterms will keep the
> load average around 1 on an otherwise completely idle system.

Just did the same thing this weekend.  When I saw your mail I ran top
and saw the same thing.  Soooooo, I still had the 312d bin tgz sitting
around and fetched the xterm from it.  My load avg is back to normal and
the xterms seem to have quieted down.

> I'm running the May 1st FreeBSD-2.2 snapshot.  Has anyone else
> noticed this?

2.1-R

--
Craig Shaver  (craig@progroup.com) (415)390-0654
Productivity Group POB 60458 Sunnyvale, CA  94088