Date:      Tue, 11 Apr 2000 23:22:27 -0600
From:      dreamwvr <dreamwvr@dreamwvr.com>
To:        chad@DCFinc.com, "Chad R. Larson" <chad@DCFinc.com>, dreamwvr@dreamwvr.com, Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        dirkx@webweaving.org, dreamwvr@dreamwvr.com, chip@eboai.org, freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Netpliance Iopener

hi Chad,
> > ...seems they were losing money @ $99.00 making it on their services
> > which is just fine model for them.
hi Warner you might want to parse this url for info that might assist you;-))
http://www.i-opener-linux.net/
agreed .. goto slashdot 'they might' be singing a diff tune so we might
be better off waiting a week or 2..
> Seems to me the easiest thing would be for Netpliance to offer to
> sell the "hackable" hardware, without the tutorial software and the
> code that connects to their home base, but that instead drops into
> the QNX shell at boot.
.. would agree who using open source wants that crap anyhow?
any hands.. nope:-))
> Charge some reasonable profit for whatever they're paying for the
> hardware in the quantities they buy.  I'm guessing they could make
> money on the unit at $499.  Would you buy one at that price?  I
most likely they could make $$ at $200 - $250 IMHO..
but depending on what it did @ $499 would make a diff in the decision
pattern that is for sure..
				Best Regards,
				dreamwvr@dreamwvr.com