Date:      Mon, 14 Nov 2005 06:59:05 -0800
From:      Greg Maruszeczka <greg@grokking.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fwd: MailScanner / SMTP Auth

Sasa Stupar wrote:

> --On 14. november 2005 10:15 +0100 Martin Schweizer
> <lists_freebsd@bluewin.ch> wrote:
>
>> Sorry, forgot to attache the sendmail.mc
>>
>> Hello
>>
>> Until now I run sendmail, mailscanner and cyrus-imapd without any
>> problems. Now I want to update sendmail with SMTP Auth. I updated my
>> sendmail.mc like  described in
>> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/smtp-auth.html.
>> But  after this all new mails only delivered local to root (no more to
>> cyrus).  Below attached is my sendmail.mc. Is there anybody how  has the
>> same setup? Are there any pitfalls?
>> My system: FreeBSD 5.4, sendmail 8.13.3, cyrus IMAP4 2.2.12
>>
>> Any hints are welcome.
>>

>> divert(-1)
>> #
>> # Copyright (c) 1983 Eric P. Allman
>> # Copyright (c) 1988, 1993
>> #    The Regents of the University of California.  All rights reserved.
>> #
>> # Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
>> # modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
>> # are met:
>> # 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
>> #    notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
>> # 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
>> #    notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
>> #    documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
>> # 3. All advertising materials mentioning features or use of this
>> software
>> #    must display the following acknowledgement:
>> #    This product includes software developed by the University of
>> #    California, Berkeley and its contributors.
>> # 4. Neither the name of the University nor the names of its contributors
>> #    may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this
>> software
>> #    without specific prior written permission.
>> #
>> # THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE REGENTS AND CONTRIBUTORS ``AS IS'' AND
>> # ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE
>> # IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
>> # PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED.  IN NO EVENT SHALL THE REGENTS OR CONTRIBUTORS
>> # BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR
>> # CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF
>> # SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR
>> BUSINESS
>> # INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN
>> # CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE)
>> # ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF
>> # THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
>> #
>>
>> #
> [...]

Yeah, watch out for the (important) distinction between ` and '

Also review the docs in /usr/local/share/doc/cyrus-sasl2 and
/usr/local/share/doc/cyrus-imapd, particularlly the apt-named
'Sendmail.README' as I think you may have an item or two missing from
your *.mc file (sorry, can't tell you specifically since I haven't used
Sendmail in awhile).