Date:      Mon, 4 Mar 2002 09:48:38 -0500 (EST)
From:      Ryan Morris <ryan@egate.net>
To:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD User Questions List <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Multiple connections to MPD-netgraph as PPTP server

I solved my own problem... it turns out that my naming conventions caused
an issue when MPD labelled the PPP node.  It truncated the bundle names at
8 characters, and since mine were 8 characters plus a number following the
truncated names for all the links were identical, and it refused to load
them.

It was naming them like so:

[pptp0] ppp node is "mpd50391-pptpbund" -- should have been
mpd50391-pptpbundle0
[pptp1] ppp node is "mpd50391-pptpbund" -- should have been
mpd50391-pptpbundle1

Now it names them like so:

"mpd50391-pptp0"
"mpd50391-pptp1"

in my mpd.conf I changed this:

----------
pptp0:
        new -i ng0 pptpbundle0 pptplink0
pptp1:
        new -i ng1 pptpbundle1 pptplink1
----------

to this:

----------
pptp0:
        new -i ng0 pptp0 pptplink0
pptp1:
        new -i ng1 pptp1 pptplink1
----------

And now it works fine :)

So the moral of the story is: don't make your bundle names identical over
8 characters...

Thanks for everyone's help (especially Julian for his method to simplify
the mpd.conf file!)

Best regards,

Ryan Morris

---
"Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps."
	- Emo Philips