Date:      Sun, 08 Aug 2010 14:51:04 +0200
From:      Thomas Steen Rasmussen <thomas@gibfest.dk>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Patrol read errors on Dell Perc 6...

On 08-08-2010 12:07, Scott Mitchell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a Dell R710 server running 8.0R/amd64, with a PERC 6 RAID controller
> and four SAS drives in a RAID10 configuration.  The RAID controller does a
> weekly "patrol read" that threw up a load of errors in the most recent run:

Hello,

I have two of the same servers running 8.1 (just upgraded from 8.0) amd64.
I run ZFS so I just run the drives as JBOD (well, the closest thing to
JBOD this
controller can get, a bunch of 1-disk raid0's). I just wanted to say
that I haven't
seen any errors like you describe, maybe they only appear when using the
PERC
raid functionality, or perhaps the disk really is going bad. My servers
are close to
going into production so any testing from my side will have to be
without destroying
filesystems, but let me know if you need anything :)

Regards & good luck,

Thomas Steen Rasmussen