Date:      Tue, 18 Jun 1996 17:42:42 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        aarond@btc.adaptec.com, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PS/Valuepoint and keyboard hang on install

> > I don't see a psm0 driver.  Once I get to visual, under input devices
> > I have bus mouse (mse0) and syscons (sc0?).  This is on the 2.1
> > release boot disk.  Am I missing something?
>
> Argh.  You may need to get a boot disk from Nate Williams; is this
> a PS/2 style keyboard interface?  Do you know if the keyboard starts
> in mode 3?

If it does, you can try the ThinkPad boot floppy out, but that doesn't
fix 'lockups'.  When you are in the wrong mode, it's pretty obvious as
every key you touch doesn't do what you want it to do.  (But it *does*
do something).

You could try 'bouncing on the num-lock' key during bootup to see if
that helps.  If it does then we've still got the lurking bug, but
generally speaking it goes away after you build a custom kernel.

Nate