Date:      Thu, 24 Aug 1995 21:28:48 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Richard Toren <rpt@miles.sso.loral.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   nas package ??

Ok, folks;
  Thanks to all for th eresponses about my problem with the SB snd
devices. Removing the interupt data from the lpt0 kernel entry now allows
me to "cat xxx.au >/dev/audio".

Now the next step. I found 'sox' to convert all the .wav files to .au. I
was (am) looking for some way to play midi, or other forms of sound
files. All of this is on 2.0.5R.

   playmidi := unconfigured device, depends upon something called
               voxware sequencer?
   nas      := 'au :0' gives me "PCM device 1 not installed." in the
               console window, and no one can find the server.
   looking at star-gate archives seems to require GUSMAX hardware
    and -current system.

the probe shows the following:
sb0 at 0x220 irq 7 drq 1 on isa
sb0: <SoundBlaster Pro 4.12>
sbxvi0 at 0x0 drq 5 on isa
sbxvi0: <SoundBlaster 16 4.12>
sbmidi0 at 0x300 on isa
sbmidi: <SoundBlaster MPU-401>

Am I just out of luck? is there some package other than 'cat' that I can use?

Any direction is greatly appreciated.

Rip Toren               | The bad news is that C++ is not an object-oriented |
rpt@miles.sso.loral.com | programming language. .... The good news is that   |
                        | C++ supports object-oriented programming.          |
                        |    C++ Programming & Fundamental Concepts          |
                        |     by Anderson & Heinze                           |