Date:      Tue, 16 Apr 1996 21:11:33 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Kercher <mike@synwork.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   New NE2000 Problems

I just installed an NE2000 clone in my box.  I rebooted with a -c option
and cannot find anywhere in there to enable the probing for ed0.  Also,
there is no /dev/ed0 and MAKEDEV does not have an entry for ed0.  ed0 is
defined in /etc/sysconfig, but upon rebooting, ifconfig reports that ed0
is not a valid device (naturally).  My question is, where and/or how can
I add the ed0 device back into my system?  I did recompile my kernel with
ed0 defined at 0x300 IRQ 5

TIA

|Syn-Work Media, Inc.   | WWW Development & Hosting | Life Safety    |
|http://www.synwork.com | Systems Integration       | CCTV           |
|mike@synwork.com       | Voice/Data/Fiber          | Access Control |
|Flaq on IRC            | Dukane Distributor        | BICSI/RCDD     |