Date:      Mon, 1 Mar 1999 17:25:49 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Daniel J. Wharton" <wharton@burnit.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Disabling Telnet

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how I can prevent users from
telneting in without disabling FTP access as well.  I want people to be
able to FTP in and update their websites, but not be able to TELNET in.

I already tried setting their shell to /sbin/nologin, but that disables
FTP access as well.  Thank you very much in advance for any advice.

DAN WHARTON

System Administrator
THE BURNIT NETWORK   - www.burnit.net

Director of Network Operations