Date:      Mon, 18 Mar 2002 17:57:24 +0100
From:      Jochem Kossen <j.kossen@home.nl>
To:        Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MFC of ATA driver from -current finished, please test..

On Mon, Mar 18, 2002 at 09:44:58AM +0100, S?ren Schmidt wrote:

> Well, subject says it all, the ATA driver in -stable is now functionally
> identical to that in -current.
> Please let me know asap if you encounter any (new) problems with the
> ATA driver after this commit.
>
> Thanks goes to all that have helped testing this over the last weeks,
> and especially to Advanis for sponsoring this important work.

Here are my results for burncd...

The -d (DAO) option caused each track to begin while the time of the
previous track hadn't even finished. So, for example, when you start
playing track 3, it misses the beginning, which is at the end of track
2...

The -n option didn't make any difference.

Without the -d option, it burns the tracks right, but at the end of each
track, a loud "tick" is heard at the *END* of each track (no, this isn't
the WAV header at the beginning of the track, i use headerless WAV (raw
WAV) files, and the tick is much louder than that). It did this too
before the ATA MFC, so it's an old problem.  I've never reported it
before though.

This all happens with burning headerless WAV (raw wav) files, at 4
speed. The burner can't burn at a lower speed.

When using the ATAPICAM patches and cdrecord instead of burncd, the
burner burns correctly.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jochem