Date:      Mon, 5 Feb 2001 08:37:28 +0100
From:      John Travis <jo45712@swt.edu>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: PCI Modem, which one?

On Monday 05 February 2001 11:48, Roman Shterenzon wrote:
> Hi,
> Please, can you all send me a list of PCI modems that work with
> FreeBSD. (Hardware modems)
> I need to replace a faxserver and external modem isn't an option. No
> ISA slots neither.
>
> Thank you very much,
>
> P.S. There some list floating on the web; I just need to be sure
> which modems *actually* work with FreeBSD.

I had an Actiontec 56K Call Waiting PCI modem that worked great with my
Debian setup so I imagine they would work just as well for Free.  Be
very careful as there are only a handful of new hardware PCI modems.
There is a link somewhere or another on here that gives a rundown of
pretty much all of them (yes I know it is for the most part linux based
but the relevance is the same :-)

http://www.o2.net/~gromitkc/winmodem.html

jt