Date:      Mon, 11 Feb 2002 21:52:08 +0100 (CET)
From:      Xavier Beaudouin <kiwi@oav.net>
To:        Hajimu UMEMOTO <ume@mahoroba.org>
Cc:        <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: sysutils/gkrellm building on FreeBSD alpha

hi !

> kiwi> So here is the problem, on freebsd alpha there seems to have not
> kiwi> machine/apm_bios.h file and not sensors interface.
>
> Thank you for reporting it.  I disabled apm and sensor on except for
> i386 and just committed the fix.  Please try latest ports-current of
> gkrellm.

Tried :)

> kiwi> I can keep in touch if the maintener of gkrellm needs some more help about
> kiwi> porting / tests on FreeBSD/Alpha
>
> Since I don't have Alpha, please check the latest port and let me know
> if it is okay.
> When it is okay, I'll send the patch to the author of GKrellM.

Hum doesn't help... I think there is a bit of hacking to do in main.c :

cc main.o alerts.o apm.o base64.o clock.o cpu.o disk.o fs.o hostname.o
inet.o mail.o meminfo.o net.o proc.o sensors.o uptime.o chart.o panel.o
config.o gui.o krell.o plugins.o utils.o  -o gkrellm
`/usr/X11R6/bin/gtk12-config --libs gthread` `imlib-config --libs-gdk`
-lkvm -ldevstat -lmd -Wl,-E
main.o: In function `main':
main.o(.text+0x4b30): undefined reference to `scan_for_sensors'
main.o(.text+0x4b34): undefined reference to `scan_for_sensors'
gmake[1]: *** [gkrellm] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/ports/sysutils/gkrellm/work/gkrellm-1.2.8/src'
gmake: *** [freebsd] Error 2
*** Error code 2

Unfortunatly, I don't have any idea how to patch it about that... Maybe
the author of gkrellm should know how to handle that ?

Sincerly,
/Xavier

--
Xavier Beaudouin - Unix System Administrator & Projects Leader.
For mail address, please check header of this mails. Spams are not accepted.