Date:      Tue, 15 May 2007 21:00:01 +0200
From:      Simon Barner <barner@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: xorg 7.2 ready for testing

--envbJBWh7q8WU6mo

Kris Kennaway wrote:
> We're asking all FreeBSD ports committers and other interested
> developers to participate in this process: it's now up to you guys to
> test the upgrade and report problems you encounter, before we unleash
> it on the general user base.

Today, the update of my 6.2-STABLE workstation (KDE and Gnome installed)
finished.  Although I ran "portupgrade -a" several times, two ports
failed to build:

 - one of the gstreamer ports (I think this as been reported before, I don't
   have access to the log files right now, I can make them available
   tomorrow).
 - x11-toolkits/py-qt, but I think this is not related to the Xorg update
   but due to both Qt 4 and 3 being installed on the machine.

I also had to manually re-install the Nvidia driver after the update and
to adjust the module search path in xorg.conf. My GeForce 5200 is working
happily as before with two screens attached (GLX and DRI enabled but
still untested).

After moving away some left-over files in /usr/X11R6 (I can upload the
list if necessary), the merge script ran just fine.

The rough edges I've seen are propably because the system was not in a
absolutely  clean state. For me, running "portupgrade -m"-DBATCH
-DXORG_UPGRADE -ak" until my port installation reached a fixed point
worked very well.

--=20
Best regards / Viele Gr=FC=DFe,                             barner@FreeBSD.=
org