Date:      Sun, 28 Jun 2009 20:11:01 -0300 (BRT)
From:      "Nenhum_de_Nos" <matheus@eternamente.info>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [Call For Testing] VirtualBox for FreeBSD! take 6

On Sun, June 28, 2009 06:35, Martin Smith wrote:
> Martin Wilke wrote:
>>
>> Huhu,
>>
>> Yes we life and that's good :-).
>> Changes:
>>
>>   - Fix build error when compiling in debug mode on FreeBSD HEAD
>>   - SemEvent?-r0drv/FreeBSD: Don't use tvtohz for an infinite timeout.
>>   - Some FreeBSD relate typos
>>   - Enable shared OpenGL service. Completely untested due to lack of
>>     appropriate hardware but it compiles at least
>>   - Add support for shared clipboards. Requires libXt
>>   - FreeBSD: Implement preemption API for guest SMP and enable
>>     it (slightly tested). Add neccessary RTMP* methods in userspace
>>     for the frontends to detect the number of CPUs
>>   - Runtime/semevent-r0drv-freebsd: Use a sleeping mutex
>>     instead of a spinlock to fix the problems users are seeing
>>     (assertions with debugging enabled) while still being able
>>     to run on 100Hz hosts. No problems detected so far and Solaris
>>     doesn't use a spin mutex in this code too so it shouldn't do
>>     any harm (keeping fingers crossed)space for the frontends to
>>     detect the number of CPUs
>>   - Add support for curl
>>   - Add VBoxSharedClipboard
>>
>> Ports Changes;
>>   - Force guestadditions version to 2.2.4
>>   - Removed Qt3 include replacements (already upstream)
>>   - Removed cosmetic X11 include path patch
>>
>> Please make SURE, your world and kernel is in sync and you've read
>> the pkg-messages. Also please unload the kernel module before
>> you update the port ;-).
>>
>> Many thx to all Vbox Devs, All supporters, my nice team! :-)
>>
>>    http://people.freebsd.org/~miwi/vbox/virtualbox_6.tgz
>>
>>  Happy Testing!
>
> Well ,I have got it up and running on a stable of 26 June, managed to
> set up a vdi, no problem, but it will not see the cd drive.
> It (vbox) says the cd drive is always secondary master, but I only have
> one ata channel so it is primary master. The dropdown list just does
> not drop down.
> Is there a workaround for this, or have I missed something stupid?

hi, I have the latest running on stable from two weeks ago. I can get it
to install, but never boot using 4 cpu's (real quad core and vt-x
enabled). debian amd64 is the guest os. should it run fine with 4 cpu's ?
(I think I read about it was to be ok on new 3.0 family).

and by the way, the 3.0 beta will build out-of-the-box in FreeBSD ?

thanks,

matheus

--
We will call you cygnus,