Date:      Tue, 8 Apr 2014 22:21:53 +0200
From:      Carlo Strub <cs@FreeBSD.org>
To:        dannyman@toldme.com
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OpenSSL on 8.3 (pfsense appliance)

08/04/2014 21:44 - Daniel Howard wrote:

> Hello,
>=20
> Per the heartbleed vulnerability, I'm looking at a vulneranle pfsense
> firewall appliance:
>=20
> # /usr/bin/openssl version
> OpenSSL 0.9.8y 5 Feb 2013
> # /usr/local/bin/openssl version
> OpenSSL 1.0.1e 11 Feb 2013
> # ldd /usr/local/sbin/openvpn | grep libssl
>         libssl.so.8 =3D> /usr/local/lib/libssl.so.8 (0x8007e9000)
>=20
> Per Brian Drewery, the port has been fixed, but this appliance does not
> have ports installed.
>=20
> I see an openssl package here:
> ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/amd64/packages-8-stable/Latest/op=
enssl.tbz
>=20
> At this moment, the timestamp is January.  Can one reasonably expect that
> there is a process building updated packages for this branch?  Can anyone
> advise how long before a new openssl package is published here?  Or should
> I spin up an 8.3 box to build a package?
>=20
> Has anyone else here patched a pfsense appliance yet?  Last I saw their f=
ix
> ETA is Thursday.
>=20
>=20
> Thanks,
> -danny
>=20
> --=20
> http://dannyman.toldme.com
g"
>=20

For pfsense, you should definitely ask this question in the pfsense forum (=
http://forum.pfsense.org/). Pfsense is essentially a fork of FreeBSD and th=
ey have their own type of package system. They just released version 2.1.1 =
a few days ago, but I doubt it includes the latest patches of openssl.

--
Carlo Strub
Ports committer=