Date:      Sat, 11 May 2019 16:38:03 +0300
From:      Leonid Bobrov <mazocomp@disroot.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, amdmi3@freebsd.org, antoine@freebsd.org
Subject:   Warsow port. I think we can help each other.

Hi!

I am OpenBSD user and last 3 days I am making an effort to get Warsow 2.1
at OpenBSD.

I hope my patches will also make Warsow 2.1 build at NetBSD, FreeBSD and
DragonFly BSD (I haven't checked that yet).

Currently the game builds and installs, but fails at runtime: I can't
figure out why it fails to load ref_gl.so module, debugger doesn't give
me any info on this.

I also notice that recently you've removed Warsow from the ports
tree, I guess it's broken after you've updated lang/angelscript port.

Unfortunately Warsow depends on AngelScript 2.29.2 because it uses
deprecated enumerations, so my patches suggest to build AngelScript
provided by Warsow SDK and statically link it.

Also I have to warn you about another problem: you have to cd into
directory with data files to start Warsow, in my case it's
/usr/local/share/warsow (I don't know why this happens).

I hope we can help each other and then Warsow 2.1 will be available at
every *BSD.

Here is what I've done so far:
https://github.com/mazocomp/openbsd-wip/tree/warsow/games/warsow
https://github.com/mazocomp/openbsd-wip/tree/warsow/games/warsow-data