Date:      Tue, 7 Oct 1997 08:22:02 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Michael Hallgren <hallgren@viking.easynet.fr>
To:        Wei Weng <wweng@stevens-tech.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: change default shell for root

Well,... it seems like you've got a bug in your pswd file, on the line
carrying the root account. I'd firstly change the root pswd, try updating
the db. If it still doesn't work, use vipw to check the first line ;-)

Cheers

Michael

---
Michael Hallgren           Easynet France         http://w3.easynet.fr
        'finger hallgren@range2.easynet.fr' for Public Key
PGP Key fingerprint = D2 47 C8 D1 4D 2B AF 32  3D 4E A3 0F D4 A2 DB 9E