Date:      Tue, 7 Oct 2008 21:54:47 -0700
From:      Alfred Perlstein <alfred@freebsd.org>
To:        John Hein <jhein@timing.com>
Cc:        threads@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pthread_cleanup_push & pthread_cleanup_pop usage

* John Hein <jhein@timing.com> [081007 21:45] wrote:
> In June pthread_cleanup_push & pthread_cleanup_pop were changed to macros
> that look like so...

Hey John, I found the same problem when working on QNX a while back,
however that is really how it's supposed to be set up.

I would suggest the following construct to fix the problem,
make your own per-thread stack of destructors that are callable
as functions and not macros.

It's not too hard to do.

Just use a pthread_key and pthread_once thingy to write a library
to do it, shouldn't take more than a hundred lines of code.

FWIW, OS X and QNX have the same set of macros, not sure about
other OSes.

-Alfred