Date:      Mon, 17 Oct 2005 10:06:23 +0200
From:      cpghost <cpghost@cordula.ws>
To:        Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
Cc:        Garrett Cooper <youshi10@u.washington.edu>, "Alastair G. Hogge" <agh@tpg.com.au>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Changing the region code of DVD-Drive

On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 12:32:07AM -0700, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
> Yes, most are.  Search the Internet with google, there's many websites
> that have patched firmware that locks out the region coding.  One of the
> first things I do when buying a new DVD is to flash it with patched
> firmware
> that disables region codes.

Ah, good to know! So does this mean that if I already switched between
region 1 and region 2 DVDs 100+ times, that the drive has already been
flashed to RPC1 by the vendor?

BTW, almost all flashers are DOS oder Windows-based. Do we have a
FreeBSD-based general purpose flasher for this kind of stuff?

> Ted

Thanks,
-cpghost.

--