Date:      Wed, 22 Oct 1997 19:24:20 -0400
From:      "George M. Ellenburg" <gme@inspace.net>
To:        "Daniel O'Callaghan" <danny@panda.hilink.com.au>, "Charles Mott" <cmott@srv.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Password files and virtual IP addresses

What about the problem with "username re-use" with the effective UIDs of the users?  Wouldn't 'webmaster@somedomain.com' and 'webmaster@anotherdomain.com' effectively have the same UID (excluding Sendmail tables/ tricks)?  That is, if both users physically log in to the server with the user of 'webmaster'.  How would you bypass the UIDs physically recorded in the UFS directory structure?

G.M.E.