Date:      Tue, 19 Dec 1995 19:17:49 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        Barry Masterson <jbarrm@panix.com>, "freebsd.questions" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: XFree86; Where to from here?

On Tue, 19 Dec 1995, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Dec 1995, Jonathan M. Bresler wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 18 Dec 1995, Barry Masterson wrote:
> >
> > > I've just installed XFree86 3.1.2.  twm is the default setup.
> > > Can anyone here offer suggestions for other packages that may
> > > be of interest on a single user setup?
> >
> > 	try fvwm in place of twm.  much nicer.
> >
> > 	netscape.  xv.  knews or netscape or some other X news reader.
> >
> 	Which netscape are you running?  I've tried 2.0b3, and for
> some reason, I get nothing on the screen, altho the process remains
> running.  v112 from ftp2.netscape.com seems to work fine...

	netscape V1.12

> 	any recommendations on an X news reader?  I've been sticking
> pretty much to text one in an xterm (trn) and wonder if I'm missing
> anything :)

	knews is not bad....the presentation on threading is too
horizontal, the box that represents each article is too wide.  so you can
only see 4-5 articles across the width of the screen ;(

Jonathan M. Bresler        FreeBSD Postmaster         jmb@FreeBSD.ORG
play go. ride bike. hack FreeBSD.--ah the good life
i am moving to a new job.                 PLEASE USE: jmb@FreeBSD.ORG