Date:      Sun, 16 Jul 1995 20:30:48 -0400 (EDT)
From:      jan@bagend.atl.ga.us (Jan Isley)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Questions)
Subject:   basic no network setup question

Yea, I have tested 23 different sysinstall versions about a hundred
times but I am not actually running FreeBSD *yet*.  Before I decide
to spend $50 that I don't have on the admin book (the red one?) that
everyone recommends or if I give the money to Walnut Creek and
actually buy the CD, I thought I would ask if this startup looks
normal.  Having compiled a new kernel and edited /etc/sysconfig
this is printed at boot up:

lo0:flags=8009<UP,LOOPBACK,MULTICAST> mtu16384
inet 127.0.0.1 netmask 0xff000000
writing to routing socket: Network is unreachable
add net 224.0.0.0: gateway bagend.atl.ga.us: Network is unreachable
add host bagend.atl.ga.us: gateway localhost
starting routing daemons: routed.
clearing /tmp
recording kernel -c changes
starting system daemons: syslogd.
starting network daemons: portmap inetd.
standard daemons: cron printer sendmail
setting ldconfig path:
enablint FreeBSD/386 options:
configuring syscons