Date:      Thu, 13 Jan 2011 19:58:06 +0100 (CET)
From:      sthaug@nethelp.no
To:        rysto32@gmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Intel 10GBase-LR Ethernet card detected as 10GBase-SR

> If it has an SFP+, won't the it be LR or SR depending on the type of
> SFP+ installed?

The card is *sold* and *advertised* by Intel as a 10GBase-LR card. It
may well be the case that it would also work with a 10GBase-SR SFP+.
I don't have one of these lying around to test, unfortunately. But I
have indeed verified that the SFP+ in the card is a 1310 nm 10GBase-LR
unit (specifically it's a Finisar FTLX1471D3BCV).

As such, I believe the ixgbe code should either set the card type as
10GBase-LR (statically), since that's how the card is sold/delivered.
Or it should include code to read the optics type from the SFP+.