Date:      Fri, 4 Aug 2006 13:15:19 +0200
From:      Erwin Lansing <erwin@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Richard Bejtlich <taosecurity@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 6-stable packages on FTP servers

--c1ZK2iIXW32Oz72x

On Fri, Aug 04, 2006 at 07:04:59AM -0400, Richard Bejtlich wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> I was wondering if someone could comment on the status of package
> building for 6-stable.
>=20
> A look at pointyhat.freebsd.org/errorlogs/ shows:
>=20
> If the port is building, why does it not appear on the FTP servers?
> This is just one concrete example, not a specific problem with one
> port.
>=20
Quite simple, the -exp build is with experimental patches to the
infrastructure that needed extensive testing. That testing is only now
finishing, so any packages that were built before that could not be used
for anything else until the patches were in a state to be ready to be
committed. I might upload the 6-exp packages as 6-stable this weekend,
but I have to look at in which state they are in first.

-erwin

--=20
Erwin Lansing                                     http://droso.org
Security is like an onion.          (o_ _o)
It's made up of several layers   \\\_\   /_///    erwin@FreeBSD.org
And it makes you cry.            <____) (____>    erwin@aauug.dk

--c1ZK2iIXW32Oz72x

--c1ZK2iIXW32Oz72x--