Date:      Tue, 10 Jul 2007 09:13:34 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        "Mikhail T." <mi+metlife@aldan.algebra.com>
Cc:        amd64@FreeBSD.org, java@FreeBSD.org, emulation@FreeBSD.org, glewis@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Linux JDK-1.5.0_12 (i386) unusable on amd64

Quoting "Mikhail T." <mi+metlife@aldan.algebra.com> (from Mon, 09 Jul =20
2007 15:04:01 -0400):

> Hello!
>
> I just tried to build the regular jdk15 port on my amd64 machine. It
> relies on the Linux jdk15 to bootstrap.
>
> Unfortunately, all invocations of javac and java were crashing with a
> HotSpot stack (linux-sun-jdk-1.5.0.12,2).

> I'm unsure, where the blame lies -- with the Linuxulator, or the amd64
> (6.2-stable from June 7th) -- but something needs to be done...

Can you please try with a more recent -stable? On Sunday I committed =20
some fixes which may or may not help (I don't remember if those fixes =20
helped on -current or not).

I also have some more fixes (MFCs) in the queue, if you are interested =20
to help test them on -stable please tell me.

Bye,
Alexander.

--=20
It is said that the lonely eagle flies to the mountain peaks while the
lowly ant crawls the ground, but cannot the soul of the ant soar as
high as the eagle?

http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander @ Leidinger.net: PGP ID =3D B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org       netchild @ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID =3D 72077137