Date:      Mon, 7 Apr 2014 13:40:06 +0200
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        David Demelier <demelier.david@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Richard Stallman remains  hypocritical liar?

On Mon, 07 Apr 2014 13:29:52 +0200, David Demelier wrote:
> In short, RMS said on the OpenBSD mailing list that it's not a free
> operating system because you can install non-free software (e.g adobe
> flash).

So it would also be possible to say the same about FreeBSD
because the ports collection _can_ be used to install non-open
or non-free software because it contains components to do so.
On the other hand, the OS itself, if I understand things
correctly, does not contain such software. (Here again we
can state the difference between FreeBSD and OpenBSD which
have "the OS" as a unified complex of software which is
being maintained by a core team, and "everything else"
which is kept in the ports collection to be installed as
additional software usually _independently_ from the OS,
whereas GNU/Linux operating systems usually compose their
"base system" of selected packages at the distribution
designers' will.)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany