Date:      Tue, 19 Sep 2006 12:23:55 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Fred Cox <sailorfred@yahoo.com>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: www/dotproject out of date and vulnerable

--0-1829185543-1158693835=:27466

This is the first time I've tried to modify a port,
and I'm having a bit of trouble because this port
requires MySQL 3.23 and PHP 4.  Those dependencies
weren't specified in the port before.

I've gotten PHP4 by adding:

USE_PHP=        gd mysql session
DEFAULT_PHP_VER=4
WANT_PHP_WEB=   yes
IGNORE_WITH_PHP=5

Trying to get it to install MySQL 3.23 client seems to
be stymied by the php4-mysql default dependency on the
MySQL 5 client.  I haven't actually figured out how it
specifies this dependency, since the
php4-mysql/Makefile is very empty.

I'm attaching what I think is right for the Makefile
and distinfo.

Any hints?

Also, where do I go to get www/dotproject-2.0.2 marked
as vulnerable in the portaudit database?

Thanks,

Fred

--- Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 18, 2006 at 07:00:02PM -0700, Fred Cox
> wrote:
> > www/dotproject is still 2.0.2, even though 2.0.4
> came
> > out in June to address an XSS vulnerability.  See
> > http://www.dotproject.net/ for details.
> >
> > I've sent mail to the maintainer and the contact
> for
> > portaudit, with no response in over 2 weeks and 1
> week
> > respectively.  Portaudit does not report any
> problem
> > with dotproject.
> >
> > What's the next step?
>
> If you submit the update as a PR, it can be
> committed under maintainer
> timeout.
>
> Kris

http://mail.yahoo.com
--0-1829185543-1158693835=:27466
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--0-1829185543-1158693835=:27466

TUQ1IChkb3Rwcm9qZWN0LTIuMC40LnRhci5neikgPSBlMGE4NDZmMGIyZDM3
ZjdmM2Y0YTUyODdiODQ0ZTJkOApTSEEyNTYgKGRvdHByb2plY3QtMi4wLjQu
dGFyLmd6KSA9IGQwY2UwNDhmNDIzYmFmOGRkZmUyNDRkOTNkZjdiNGUxZGFi
OTIyNWYyZjcyMzQyNDkzOGE2YjEzMmE2MzAyYjcKU0laRSAoZG90cHJvamVj
dC0yLjAuNC50YXIuZ3opID0gMjEyNDA1Ngo=

--0-1829185543-1158693835=:27466--