Date:      Sat, 08 May 1999 13:12:03 +0200
From:      Luke Roberts <luke@roberts.nl>
To:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   irritating messages in all ttyv's

Hi,

I've had ib4 0.71 running on our FreeBSD ISDN gateway Machine running for
about a week now and I've finally found some time to do the finishing touches.

First of all I run isdnd with it's own virtual console ttyv4 and I must say
the interface is exacly the way I like it. Great! Unfortunatly though I
still get a lot of messages in the other virtual consoles when the line
goes up and down. These messages are from the kernel(?) like:
May  8 12:59:09 dilis /kernel: i4b-L1-timer4_expired: state = F3 Deactivated
May  8 12:59:09 dilis /kernel: i4b-L1-timer4_expired: state = F3 Deactivated

1. Why does it tell me this twice?
2. How can I get rid of these messages? (pain in the you know what when
you're vi-ing a script and all of a sudden you cant see what you're editing
because of the overlying new text from i4b )

Further I also have the same problem as Wilco does. (ISDN connection to
provider is opened as soon as isdnd runs.

If I specify:

ifconfig isp0 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.1 link1 up
ifconfig isp0 down

Then I CAN'T connect to our provider at all.

I run all the isdn commands from a simple script that is run last when
booting the machine.

Hope you can help,

Thanks,

Luke