Date:      Sun, 4 Mar 2001 22:38:23 -0800
From:      "David Daugherty" <davidd@datasphereweb.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Read Error after initial install

I'm doing a network install of 4.2 and everything goes just peachy until I
go to reboot. On reboot I get "read error" right before it starts to load
the kernel. Of the many times I've attempted this install I've tried both
SCSI 2940 with both a 2 and a 9Gig drive. And, I've tried this with IDE 4.2G
drive. Each time I get the same error.

I'm installing onto an HP Vectra 200. As far as I can tell the hardware is
supported. Does anyone know why I get this error? Has this been seen before?
Searching the archives for "read error" produces zilch. Thanks for any
suggestions thrown my way.

|> /\ \/ @
davidd@datasphereweb.com
DataSphere - Back end web programming, site security, and networking

david.daugherty@netmanage.com
Software Engineer
NetManage - The Bridge to E-Business

http://www.wcug.wwu.edu/~doc
ICQ: 21106703

"I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past"
                                   -Thomas Jefferson