Date:      Mon, 14 Sep 1998 13:51:47 -0700
From:      Studded <Studded@dal.net>
To:        Antonio Bemfica <bemfica@militzer.me.tuns.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CVSup refuse files are ignored - why?

Antonio Bemfica wrote:

> Hi
>
> I use CVSup to keep the ports tree up-to-date and would like to avoid
> dowloading all files under the chinese, german, russian, etc. sub-trees.
>
> I created a file called refuse which contains the words:
>
>         chinese german russian

	You need to give it more of a hint. :) Here is my refuse file:

ports/cad/*
ports/chinese/*
ports/german/*
ports/japanese/*
ports/korean/*
ports/russian/*
ports/vietnamese/*

	Whether all that is strictly necessary or not I don't know, but I do
know it works. :)

Good luck,

Doug
--
***           Chief Operations Officer, DALnet IRC network          ***

"Yes, the president should resign. He has lied to the American people,
time and time again, and betrayed their trust. He is no longer an
effective leader. Since he has admitted guilt, there is no reason to put
the American people through an impeachment. He will serve absolutely no
purpose in finishing out his term; the only possible solution is for the
president to save some dignity and resign."

- William Jefferson Clinton, 1974