Date:      Wed, 31 May 2000 09:35:34 +1000
From:      Danny <dannyh@idx.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Fwd: Question from Ukraine.

Subject: Question from Ukraine.
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 20:08:39 +0300 (EEST)
From: Roman Peleh <peleh@Omega.ICMP.Lviv.UA>

I would like to ask you some questions, may be it are to stupid, but I am
new to FreeBSD so this problems I can't solve by myself, so if it isn't
hard for you to give me answers to questions please give me it.
The questions are the following:
1. I install FreeBSD as my machine to working with Internet. Now I would
like to have on it Xserver. In the file /etc/ttys Ihane the following
string
ttyv8 "/usr/X11R6/bin/xdm -nodaemon " xterm off secure
but when I enter Ctrl+Alt+F9 I don't see anything.
2. I would like to have so, that on ttyv0 I see only system announcments,
like
su on ttyv1
and so on
and I don't want tt see login:
but when I removed getty from /etc/ttys I receive message can't find getty
on ttyv0 .
If you understand my questions please answer for it.
Thank you in advance.