Date:      Wed, 5 Sep 2001 21:07:19 +0800
From:      Igor Podlesny <poige@morning.ru>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   auto relaying for subdomains -- why?

My greetings!

I  noticed  that  some  mailers (sendmail, postfix) in case they allow
relaying    for    somedomain.zone    also    allow    relaying    for
subdomain-of.somedomain.zone.

I can accept this as reasonable behavior but would like to know how to
deny it! :) Also I wish to know what was the actual idea behind this?

P.S.  I  searched  for  answers through Inet, digging RFCs but nothing
have found yet...

--
Best regards,
 Igor                          mailto:poige@morning.ru