Date:      Wed, 10 Mar 1999 20:55:16 -0500
From:      "Angelos D. Keromytis" <angelos@dsl.cis.upenn.edu>
To:        ob1k <ob1k@mindspring.com>
Cc:        Marco Molteni <molter@tin.it>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: disapointing security architecture

In message <Pine.BSF.4.05.9903102045370.294-100000@Cupcake.mindspring.com>, ob1
k writes:

>> > An other point OpenBSD made some steps forward: they have IPSec (PF_KEY
>> > v2 !!).
>>
>> 1. PF_KEY != IPsec.

Sorry for jumping in here, I'd just like to point out that OpenBSD does have an
IPsec stack as well (has had one for a bit over 2 years); PFKEYv2 was added
recently, replacing the PFENCAP interface used before.

If you use the KAME code, I would suggest using the OpenBSD isakmpd with it
(once it's been converted to PFKEYv2, should be before the end of the month).
Cheers,
-Angelos