Date:      Sat, 16 May 1998 23:12:21 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: g++ new allocator

On Sun, 17 May 1998, Greg Lehey wrote:

> On Sat, 16 May 1998 at 10:20:38 -0400, Chuck Robey wrote:
> > Does anyone know if the "new" operator, using g++, uses it's own
> > allocator, or PHK's libc malloc?  I have a problem I'm trying to shoot
> > that uses the libstdc++ and sigbus's, and I was wondering which route
> > the code is going.
>
> My understanding is that it uses whichever malloc is bound in with the
> executable.

... Umm ... it's built using our libstdc++ (I just compiled it).  The
question is what malloc does the g++ using our own libstdc++ (on
current, actually) use?  I didn't post this to current because I didn't
think it applied only to current.

I guess I don't understand what you mean by "whichever malloc is bound
in with the executable", if I'm doing the binding here.

> Greg
> --
> See complete headers for address and phone numbers
> finger grog@lemis.com for PGP public key

213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run Journey2 and picnic (FreeBSD-current)
(301) 220-2114              | and jaunt (NetBSD).